Saturday, March 17, 2007

I'll Never Ever Drink Again

At a point when a person is drunk, he or she will behave ridiculously annoying or even worst, savagely. Although I'm not a heavy drinker, I was drunk once but what surprised me that time was I did not misbehave. Instead, I was all quiet and calm. Knowing that I do not behave ridiculously when I over consume alcohol, I never worried about the embarrassing consequences of getting drunk. However, what I experienced yesterday at my friend's cocktail party taught me a great lesson about getting drunk and because of that, I'll never ever drink again.

Just yesterday night when I was studying for my Precalculus exam, my Indian friend invited me over to his room for a cocktail party. Realized that I really studied a lot today, I rewarded myself by attending his cocktail party. At the cocktail party, there were bottles of booze everywhere getting ready to be opened. My Indian friend's Japanese girl friend kindly offered me my first drink at the party; it was Sake. The first shot gave this hot bitter taste which formed a disgusted look on my face. For some mysterious reason, I went for a second round of Sake despite the awful taste . My second type of drink was this black Russian alcohol which looked like soy sauce mixed with milk. I finished the entire cup of that cocktail as I didn't wanted to waste my friend's booze. At that point, I was starting to feel tipsy.

Later on, my Chinese friend and his Japanese girl friend challenged me to a tequila drinking competition. I bravely accepted their challenge as I didn't wanted to give them an impression of me being sissy. I continuously chugged glasses of tequila down the moment it was served. Everybody was cheering for me as I chugged more and more tequila down. During that point, I started to feel dizzy and I found it difficult to balance myself. I know I was criminally drunk.

I started to have blurry visions and I know if I didn't sit down, I'll definitely topple on the ground. I sat myself down on a kitchen chair and tried to relax. Seeing that I was drunk, I told myself to shut up so that stupid things won't come out from my mouth. My friends who realized that I was being quiet for some time knew I was drunk already. They than keep a close watch on me to make sure I was alright.I remembered about collecting my laundry from the laundrette located in the basement of my apartment, so I excused myself from everyone in the party. However, I was being stopped by my friends as they were worried about me wandering alone in a drunk state. They didn't believe my excuse for leaving the party because they know whatever came out from a drunken person's mouth was obviously rubbish. As they tried to hold me, I fought and struggle back. I fell to the ground and everyone was laughing at me. I struggled to exit my friend's room but I was overwhelmed by most of them.

They wanted to bring me back to my room but I repeatedly insisted that I needed to collect my laundry. I was screaming telling them to let me go and everyone in the apartment hallway were looking and laughing at us. I was told that I almost struck a group of girls who were laughing at me and it took four guys to carry me back as I was giving them a difficult time struggling violently. I managed to broke off their grapple and I immediately rush for the lift trying to escape from them. In the process of my escape, I tripped and fell as I was too drunk to balance myself. One of my friends came to me and persuaded me to go back to my room. The next thing I know, I started apologizing to them for being a jerk. I whined to my friend who was consoling me saying that everyone hates me because I am a jerk. Everyone than disagreed with me by saying nobody hates. They added that everyone loves me the most just to comfort me. I know that they were lying and I replied to them by asking them if everyone loves me, why don't I have a girl friend then. They all burst in laughters the moment I said that. My Chinese friend hoping to calm me than said that he'll help find me a girl friend . As they carried me back to my room, I continued mumbling about what a bad person am I and I begged them to kill me right there and then. My roommates helped my friends to bring me into my room.As they tucked me into my bed, they continued comforting me and I continued insisting that I am a bad person who deserves to die. One of my friend than cried as she sympathized me for thinking that I am a bad person. After I quiet down, they left my room. Seconds later on, I was reminded about my laundry so I picked myself up and struggled to bring myself to the laundrette. Unfortunately, I passed out just before I could reach the door. I slept on the floor that night.

In the middle of my sleep on the floor , I vomited more than 5 times. Practically, I was sleeping all over my vomit that night and every time I vomited, I chocked myself with the stuck vomit in my nose and mouth. Just this morning, I woke up 6 in the morning. As I woke up I still felt dizzy; I know I was still drunk and I needed to sober up. The moment, I switched my room lights on, the view of my bed and floor covered with my puke shocked me. My clothes and hair were filled with my vomit so I had to clean myself up. At my bathroom, I continued barfing and I feared the next thing coming out from my mouth could be my guts. After stripping myself naked and discarding my barf filled clothes, I threw myself in the shower cubicle and slammed the switch on to ice cold temperature water. The strong pressured shower that sprayed ice cold water made me felt more horrible but I knew it was the right thing to do to sober myself up. However, I wasn't any better off so I slapped myself repeatedly hoping to get sobered. After spending an hour under the ice cold shower, I dried myself up, put on a fresh outfit and went back to assess the damage of my room.

Before cleaning up my room, I decided to clean my clothes and bed sheet that was soaked with my barf by taking it down to the laundrette. Later on, I went back up to clean my room. With my room and clothes all clean, I was relief knowing that almost everything was back to normal. The only thing that wasn't done was getting myself sober. I went back to sleep for a few more hours and because of that, I'm feeling much better although still there's a still slight feeling of dizziness.

Clearly, after what I experienced yesterday and today, I learned a valuable lesson about getting drunk. I wished that I could rewind time and rejected my friend's invitation to his cocktail party. Realized that I almost attacked two girls who were laughing at me yesterday when I was drunk, I felt like a monster. Besides that,with all the embarrassment I got for making a fool out of myself, I just wished that I could undo the past. I never ever want to drink again.

4 comments:

Comrade Red said...

Aww Shenji drinking is good....just drink at the rite time...

Lim Shenji said...

It was more of a matter of controlling myself. Although I did some stupid stuff when I was drunk lets all be grateful that there was no nudity or sexual explicit accidents. Thank God for that. Anyway, no more drinking for me already.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm what an... interesting story. You know your limits la Shenji =)

Anonymous said...

Just take care of yourself alright =)