Thursday, March 15, 2007

Getting Cancer by the End of this Month

My food supply for the next ten days which consist of frozen food only

By looking at the amount of frozen food I just bought from the supermarket today, many of you might think that this unhealthy diet of mine will get me diagnosed with cancer by the end of this month. You might be wondering about the reasons behind my massive purchase of frozen food. Well there are two main reasons: first of all, I'm trying to save as much as possible and second of all, I don't have the time and initiative to prepare a proper meal for myself.

With the exams around the corner, I've decided to lock myself at home and make sure I study. This means that I cannot leave my apartment for what so ever reasons including dining out. So I thought about buying back something that can be prepared instantly without any hassle and the next thing you know, you see a picture of me covered with frozen dinner. One might say that eventually there will be time for me to prepare a proper meal for myself despite how busy am I. Even if that is true, I don't have the initiative and patience to cook or sweat myself waiting for minutes in the hot kitchen. Furthermore, with all the dish washing and pan scrubbing I need to do after eating, I would be in a more convenient position where I can just throw away the food container after my meal.

Although the groceries in Canada are not that expensive, nevertheless most of the time you won't have a full stomach after you have your home made meal. Because of that, you'll need to make more meals which will deplete your grocery stock faster. This means that you'll have to keep visiting the supermarket to refill your groceries. Eventually, this will become expensive and you will not be able to save more. Seeing that groceries can be considered expensive as I have to visit the supermarket often, I decided to have a cheaper alternative; get 20 boxes of frozen food that can last me for 10 days ( 2 each day, one for lunch and one for dinner). This way, I'll be able to save more and I don't have to visit the supermarket often.

Just today when I went to the supermarket with my friend to restock our grocery, everyone in the store was looking at me with a big shock on their faces as they saw me grabbing 20 boxes of frozen food. As our shopping cart was filled with frozen food, a lot of eyes were on us as we were walking up and down the supermarket aisles. One lady even smiled and laughed at us when she saw our shopping cart.

Having frozen food can save my time and my money. However, I'm not so sure whether it saves my life.Hopefully I won't get any health problems in the next 10 days after finishing this 20 boxes of frozen food. Wish me luck guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all the work =)