Wednesday, March 7, 2007

A Creamy Lesson from the Kitchen

All this while of tasting food only, I managed to learn how to make the creamy Spaghetti Carbonara compliments of my friend Summer. Although she prepared the slices of salmons, mushrooms and onions as well as the cooking, nevertheless I managed to observe her step by step preparation of the spaghetti. So I think I know how to prepare Spaghetti Carbonara...I think.

After leaving the spaghetti noodles to soften itself in a pot of boiling water, Summer and I went down to the apartment's kitchen to prepare the sauce. The first thing Summer did was she placed a spoon of butter on a hot frying pan. As the butter melted, she started placing the raw salmons into the pan. She made sure that each side of the salmon was cooked by flipping the side of the salmons every few minutes. Summer than added some salt and pieces of onions into the frying pan. After stirring the contents of the frying pan for a while, she than placed a chicken meat as an additional flavor to the sauce. Just like the salmon, she flipped the meat on both sides to have them cooked. Summer continued flipping and stirring the contents of the frying pan to get everything mixed up. Before she added the Carbonara sauce, she poured a small amount of milk into the pan in order to make the sauce creamy. After stirring the sauce, Summer than poured a bottle of Carbonara sauce into the frying pan. She than stirred the sauce together and left the pan to cook its contents. Five minutes later on, the sauce was done and it was ready to be served.

As we returned to her room, the spaghetti noodles were already soft and they were ready to be eaten. Feeling very hungry, we poured the sauce over the noodles and dinner was served. The spaghetti was great and the fact that it was Summer's first attempt in making this spaghetti, she felt proud. As for me, I think I learned a creamy lesson today from the kitchen with my friend Summer.

Summer, my teacher for the day


Salmon with onions and chicken meat

Getting hands on training. No, this is a real photo of
me learning. No special effects at all.

Done! Dinner's ready to be served. Yum Yum!

Feeling delighted because of our success on our first attempt.

2 comments:

S.A. said...

Yummy! So is this your first cooking? Master it and all of us shall be able to try your cooking when you are back! ya? ;)

liying said...

SHENJI IS COOKING!!!