Thursday, August 23, 2007

Oh, My Danger Girls

Compared to Danger Girl, Charlie's Angel is nothing. This is one heck of a comic that is loaded with not only bona fide hot chicks but also turbocharged action, nail biting suspense, array of villains and even a few laughs. Its guaranteed to kick ass!

As usual, there's nothing much to do at home. Most of the time are spent on blogging, chatting and surfing online. Although I'm currently reading my recently purchase Illustrated Manual of Sniping Skills, I find it very difficult to read the same old book for the entire day. In the afternoon, I paid a visit to my study room for some random book browsing. As I opened the glass doors of the book shelves, I was greeted by some old and also new untouched books.There were different genre ranging from novels to self improvement books. Of course, there were a dozen of old graphic novels like the Ultimate Spiderman, The Punisher and Star Wars: Boba Fett to browse through. After all, this home is inhabited mostly by boys so it would be awkward not to have comics and graphic novels at home. I was flipping through the pages of the graphic novels slowly trying relive the good old days with the super heroes. As I finished one title, I moved on to a new one scheming through quickly. Comics after comics were finished scheming through and placed back in it's original position on the shelf, I continued looking for other titles until I came across one thick graphic novel book that gave me lots of memories and also excitement. It was the ultimate and complete collection of Danger Girl by Scott Campbell and Andy Hartnell. The sight of the hot and sexy looking heroines equipped with guns on the front cover of the graphic novel not only made me blush but also turned me on. I missed Danger Girl so much and I was so damn glad that I came across this book again.

So what exactly is Danger Girl and why am I so "ga-ga" over it? Well apart from its busty, scantily-clad heroines which are offered in the graphic novel, Danger Girl also feature an interesting story line which tells the tale of a group of highly trained female espionage operatives, codenamed Danger Girl whom must prevent a surviving Nazi sect called the Hammer (or also known as "The Fourth Reich) from continuing Hitler's Nazi fascism across the globe which would definitely result in world domination. The plot of the graphic novel is not only well arranged which begins from the introduction of the main heroine and ends with the apparent destruction of Hammer, but it also offers some surprising and twisted moments that will leave the readers gasping in shock. Despite Danger Girl is an adrenaline rushed action story, certain plots in the graphic novel can be very humorous at times. The dialogs in the graphic novel which are not only casual, but also crude at times add to the authenticity and humor of the story. Scott Campbell did a great work on the art of the graphic novel which often leaves readers browsing through every pages not only to read but to also admire the fine drawing. The cover gallery located at the end of the novel which features additional art of the sexy heroines never fail to pamper those who appreciate the drawing very much. And if that is not enough, there's always the sketch book section at the very end of the novel to show the readers how the development of characters are made in a step by step process. Many have appreciate Scott Campbell and Andy Hartnell's work of Danger Girl as it can be illustrated through the positive comments from movie producers, celebrities and professional cartoonists located at the back of the book. I guess I'm not the only one who's crazy about Danger Girl.

Danger Girl
offers a variety of unique characters. The graphic novel focuses on three main girls most of the time as they are the heroines of the story. First up is Abbey Chase, the golden hair American heroine who's not only cute but also a champion marksman, a virtuoso of languages and a scholar of world history. Abbey Chase is a team player and a natural leader despite spending her childhood as a loner. Up next is Sydney Savage; as her first name says it all, she's from Sydney, Australia and she is a striking, sassy and vivacious Danger Girl. She is a qualified expert in the Mk 23 pistol, all NATO/ Warsaw Pact medium machine guns and also a bull whip. Like Detective Vic Mackey from The Shield, Sydney Savage is often reprimanded for her wild and unconventional procedures. Unlike other Danger Girls, Sydney often takes advantage of her great looks to distract and defeat her male nemesis. Last but not least, there is Natalia Kassle; this sultry Russian is one of my favorite Danger Girl operative as she's not only attractively tall and physically beautiful but her ice blue eyes are...just so seductive. Unlike Abbey and Sydney, Natalia prefers using edged weapons and hand to hand combat. She's a personal combat instructor and she once worked for the KGB as an intelligence agent. Her cold personality just like her motherland's weather is a total turn on for me. Dangerl Girl is also filled with unique villains like the bizzare Ubermensch, Major Maxim, the stealthy and deadly ninja, Assassin X, the wreckless Kid Dynamo and many more. The graphic novel which offers a lot of unique characters contributes to the success of Danger Girl.

I happened to know the Danger Girl series when I was in my first year of secondary school. So you can imagine how young I was when I got myself exposed to all the graphic sexuality. Initially, I saw a copy of the Danger Girl for the Play Station console sitting on the display cabinet in a video game shop. I couldn't be bothered less about it at first, seeing that I thought it was another Charlie's Angel crap. However, the moment I saw the cover of the game that had Natalia Kassle topless wielding a combat blade, I felt in love with the series. Ever since then, I've been a big fan of Danger Girl although I never read the comics before. I even went from one end of the web to another end looking for Danger Girl wallpapers and merchandise. When I was in the fourth year of my secondary school, I was very fortunate to purchase the entire collection. What surprised me was, my mum was the one who bought me that book. Thank God she wasn't really bothered about the scantily dressed and busty looking female characters in the book. Ever since I got that book, I reread it a million times and eventually, I fell in love with the characters . I would then have them as my imaginary friends and every time, before I go to bed, I'll read the book and place it next to me on my bed. I guess I'm really a big fan of Danger Girl.

I missed Danger Girl so much and I was so damn glad that I came across this book again. This is one book that I should treasure as it presented me a lot of fond memories. While I'm still here in Malaysia, I ought to collect the Danger Girl action figures or anything related to Danger Girl. There are a couple Danger Girl mini series yet to be collected. I'm dying to get my hands on the Batman/Danger Girl which tells the story of an unlikely alliance between the girls and the dark knight as they go on assignment in Gotham City. How cool can that be?

The front cover of the Danger Girl ultimate collection.


Abbey Chase. The main heroine in the story. This vixen's favorite weapon is the Desert Eagle.

Abbey Chase in action with her Desert Eagle. Ah, what a turn on





The wild sassy Sydney Savage. She's not only good with firearms but also with whips. That's one girl I wouldn't mind getting whipped by.

My favorite character among the 3 Danger Girls, Natalia Kassle. This sultry Russian is attractively tall and her ice blue eyes are so seductive. Her cold attitude similar to the her motherland's weather is such a turn on.

I could stare at this picture all day long.

A retro touch on the girls. Sexy!

The unlikely alliance between the girls and the dark knight in the cross universe comic Batman/Danger Girl.


No comments: