Sunday, August 19, 2007

I Dated My Friend's Girlfriend

After reading the title of this post, I'm sure you're all speechless right? Well I wouldn't be surprise if you guys were. It somehow reminded you all of a typical episode from the Desperate Housewives series which involves some sick and twisted plot about affairs right? Okay, before you guys head for the nearest gun store to lock and load yourself with a double barrel shotgun (one barrel for my right and the other barrel for my left or both barrel at a time....Oh dammit! I just gave you an idea on how to bring me the pain) and come charging into my place to punish my unexpected behavior, hear me out. Although I dated my friend's girlfriend, I did it right in front of him instead of behind his back. Right now, you all might be thinking how bold am I to do this to my friend and I'm pretty sure you've already got yourselves a shot gun in one hand and your car keys in another, getting ready to drive to my place. But before you guys do anything hasty that will definitely result in my brutal fatality, do listen further. Despite I did that "apparent" despicable act, I did it because my friend wanted me to. Yes folks, you guys should be pointing that double barrel of yours to my friend instead of me. My friend wanted me to date his girlfriend for his own interest. As weird as it may sound, yet I enjoyed myself myself dating my friend's girlfriend.

My friend was constantly invited by this old friend of his (which happened to be a girl) from his former secondary school to go out with her. This friend of mine has a girlfriend already (who I also know), so by right, it wasn't really nice of him to be going out with another girl. Some how my friend allowed to go out with this girl who invited him out but on one condition: she gets to date me at the same time and at the same place of my friend's date. The fact that his girlfriend wanted to date me left me in a position of awkwardness. Nevertheless, I was also happy knowing that I was attractive enough to be asked out on a date. Besides how often a cute girl ask me out?As my friend agreed to his girlfriend's condition, he was allowed to date his old friend. At first, I was reluctant to do that but after considering our friendship back in college, I knew that declining his request to play along would make me ungrateful. Therefore, I agreed to their plan and decided to play along. A plan was then devised among the 3 of us for the upcoming date. We decided that we would have the date at 1 Utama on a Sunday (August 20, 2007) afternoon.

On that day itself, the 3 of us met up at the TGV theater. My friend told us that we ought to add a movie in our itinerary for that day. Seeing that it was a date, I thought we would all end up watching a dreadful love story instead of a high adrenaline action film that has lots of shooting and fighting (well...when I go out with a girl for a movie, we would watch those kind of no hold barred action movies). The majority of us wanted to watch Ratatouille that day and I guess it wasn't a bad idea. Although it ain't Flashpoint but at least it wasn't Summer Of Love or Love is Cinta or whatever the crap was. After buying the tickets, the 3 of us went strolling around 1 Utama for some window shopping. From the clothing boutiques on the top floor to the Tutti Fruity exhibition and Pets Wonderland on the ground floor, we went around window shopping. In the middle of our window shopping, my friend received a call from his old friend telling him that she is waiting for him at Jaya Jusco. That moment, he split up from us as he decided to have some privacy with his "other" girlfriend but before my friend went his separate ways, he gave his "current" girlfriend a kiss as a token of his loyalty to her which I thought it was sweet of him but also very gay the second he tried to do the same thing on me. After he went off, I knew it was the beginning of my date with my buddy's girlfriend.

We kicked off our date with lunch at some Chinese restaurant. Lunch that day allowed us to catch up more on each other. One thing about my friend's girlfriend was I knew her before I knew my friend. Both of us used to train together in the same martial arts class a couple of years ago. She's 2 years younger than me but her tender age is masqueraded by her sense of maturity in terms of the topics we converse on that day. Topics ranging from National Service program to individual psychology profiles and even the aspects of different martial arts, we learned a lot from one another. Of course we included topics regarding our current social life and some jokes to make our lunch cheerful instead of dull all the way. Couple of minutes before our movie started, we ended our lunch by paying the bill.

We had troubles getting into the cinema theater at first. It wasn't because we were underage for Ratatouille but it was because my friend was having the tickets. Fortunately, we managed to get him to pass us the ticket right at the entrance checkpoint. After successfully getting into the hallways of the cinema, my friend then ushered us to our seats and guess where we ( me and my date) sat? Right next to my friend and his date. His date doesn't know that we're her date's friends as this whole plan was some undercover dating. Seeing that I was sitting next to her (my friend's date), I stretched my eyes to take a rough glance at her to see whether my friend had good taste or not. I couldn't really obtain an accurate profile about her but I can tell that she's a girl (Duh! But who knows? My friend can be damn gay) and she's Indian (maybe it was the darkness in the room that made everyone look like an Indian...even my fair friend looked like one). I discontinue trying to be nosy as I couldn't really be bothered much about my friend's date since I had mine to care about. As the movie started, I sat back, relaxed and tried to enjoy the movie. Ratatouille was great, but watching it with my date was better. Sharing those laughters and occasional short comments in the middle of the movie couldn't be better. At the end of the movie, me and my date left the cinema's hall earlier than my friend. Before I departed from my date of the day, we thank each other for that great day.

As weird as it may sound, yet I enjoyed myself dating my friend's girlfriend. My date that day was just wonderful. As for my friend's one, I wouldn't really know as I wasn't him but I'm sure he enjoyed himself like me. Come to think of it, I've gotta say my friend is lucky to have my date as his girlfriend. She's not only cute but she's also friendly, approachable, interesting and also very open minded. I even wonder whether my friend lost his sanity the moment he thought about dating another girl. But how can I criticize him when I actually enjoyed myself with his girlfriend that day? Anyway, I hope for his sake that he will take good care and appreciate his current girlfriend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well that's good for you then,honestly.