Sunday, May 20, 2007

Watch Dog

The speakers were blasting away with techno music and everyone were dancing on the dance floor. They couldn't be bother less about what's around them as they were busy getting high. As for me, I was sitting at one corner of the club with a bottle of Budweiser in my right hand at the same time staring at this girl. This girl was one of the hundreds at the dance floor dancing away. She wasn't dancing alone nor dancing with a guy; she was dancing with her friends. As I continued to keep a watchful eye on her, I was interrupted by my friend who wanted to get me another bottle of Budweiser. Declining his generous offer in the utmost humble way, I told him that I am a weak drinker and I shouldn't be going for the next round. Despite that, my friend still persuaded me to go for another round with him. Reminding myself that I musn't be drunk tonight, I rejected his offer once more. My friend then walked away all of a sudden and I started to worry about the fact that I offended him by rejecting his generous offer. Nevertheless, I wasn't really bothered about my friend as I needed to pay attention to this girl I've been watching for minutes. A few minutes later on, my friend then returned with a couple of Budweisers and he insisted that I drink with him. Realising that I would be wasting his money if I didn't drink the beers, I eventually decided to drink with him. I continued watching this girl while filling myself up with beer.

The girl who was dancing, started to add a pinch of sexual essence in her dance moves. Curious with this new dancing moves of her, I paid closer attention to her. She then stopped dancing and she left the dance floor for a table nearby. Later on, she picked up a bottle of Corrona and started drinking its contents. She then went back to the dance floor and continued her sexual dancing. To make matter worst,she was dancing sexually with another guy. Just the two of them this time. I knew she was drunk and she wasn't aware of what she was doing. I placed my bottle of beer down on the table and I immediately picked myself up. I headed for the dance floor hoping to reach for the girl who was condemning herself by behaving unappropriately. The dance floor which was packed with hundreds of stoned and high dancers made it difficult for me to reach her. I shoved a couple of dancers who were in my way and some even felt hard to the ground. They didn't even bother getting even with me as they were too stoned to even get themselves up. I finally managed to reach the girl and I grabbed on her shoulder. She then turned around and gave me a blur stare. I told her it was time to go but she begged me to give her more time. Declining her request, I told her again that it was time to go. She eventually agreed and I got her to follow me. She was drunk and she couldn't balance herself so she had to cling on me. Before we left the club, I needed to call for my friend. As I reached the table my friend was at, I called for him. To my horror, he was also drunk seeing that he finished the bottles of Budweiser he got...even my bottle. Knowing that I had two drunk individuals to drag back to the apartment, I told myself that it was going to be a long night. I managed to get my friend on his feet and I asked whether he could walk on his own feet. Although he said yes, I was still unconvince that he was able to walk by himself. Nevertheless after seeing him taking a few steps without toppling, I was confident that he could carry himself.

As we exitted the club, the girl then bumped into her friends again. Her friends asked her whether she would like to follow them home that night and without thinking twice, she agreed. I immediately objected and I told her that she was coming with me. Her friends who were unhappy of the fact I was making the descisions for her gave me this threatening stare. Knowing that there could be trouble, I told myself to get ready for some close combat. One of her friend who was the guy dancing dirty with her earlier on then told me that she decides who to follow. Courageously, I insisted that I decide for her due to her state. I then looked at my side to check on my friend and to my horror he was not with me anymore. Feeling troubled and worried, I needed to look for him before he got himself into trouble given his drunken state. I told the girl to sit down and stay put and I warned her friends not to go near her. I later on searched for my drunken friend and to my relief he was not far away. To make matter worst, he was smoking a ciggarette which looked like weed. Knowing that he never smokes before, I immediately told him what in God's name is he doing with the weed. Too drunk to respond, my friend just kept quiet and continued smoking. Furiously, I told him to throw away the weed before he screw himself further. Fortunately, he did what I said by extinguishing the ciggarette. He told me that he needed to pee and during that moment I had to look for a restroom for my friend. Since there were no restroom nearby, he had to do it at the nearby alley. Disgusted by my friend's behaviour, I kept my eyes off him for a while. While waiting for him to finish his business, I went back for the girl. Lucky for me, she was still there lying on the concrete side walks. I picked her up and I called for my friend before we left the club.

As we were walking back, the girl had a hard time balancing herself since she was so wasted. I held her as close as possible to make sure she doesn't trip and fall. In the middle of our walk, she was mumbling about the fact that her boyfriend ( who wasn't there that time) doesn't give a damn about her. At the same time, she repeatedly tell me that she likes me more than her boyfriend and she wanted me. Realising that she was drunk, I ignored her and we continued our long walk back to the apartment. The girl later told me that she was too tired to walk and she needed to take a cab back. Although I told her that no cab would pick her up due to her drunken state, the girl still insisted that she needed to take a cab back as her high heels were killing her. I volunteered to carry her so I told her to get on my back. After expressing her gratitude, I lifted her up and I started walking. An hour later, the girl told me to let her down. Curiously, I asked why and to my utmost horror, she said she needed to go and she can't hold it any longer. Knowing that there were no restrooms available at where we were, I started to figure out what to do before she makes a big mess. The moment I saw several bushes not far away from me, I suggested that she unload her waste behind the bushes. Surprisingly she agreed to my suggestion without questioning it. She told me to stand in front of her while she was doing it in order to provide her cover. Reluctantly, I stood right in front of her with my eyes looking elsewhere but her when she released her waste. My friend managed to stop a cab which was passing by and the next thing we knew, we were all on our way home.

As we reached the apartment, my friend went back to his room first while I continued holding on the helpless drunk girl. I brought her to a room and when we were in front of the room's door, I felt relief and happy as the hard work of bringing the girl back was almost coming to an end. I immediately knocked on the door several times waiting patiently for the occupant of the room to open the door. As the door was opened, the girl's boyfriend came out and helped me carry the girl in. After tucking her into the bed, I exitted the room and I told the girl's boyfriend to take good care of her. As I left, the girl's boyfriend thank me and he complimented me for my trustworthiness of keeping a watchful eye on his girlfriend who was partying with her friends.

No comments: