Sunday, May 27, 2007

Breakfast with Shenji

The future house husband who can not only clean the house but also prepare a delicious meal ( I think...). Ideal for ladies who needs a love of their life but at the same time wants to pursuit her dream career instead of staying at home to take care of the house chores....So ladies, does anyone of you all want me?

I woke around 10 in the morning today all of a sudden as something in my sleep reminded me to prepare breakfast. After having this weird thought of my sudden obligation to make breakfast, I then clearly remembered that I promised my roommate to prepare a continental breakfast for the both of us today.

After getting myself up from the bed, I went to my roommate's room to wake him up as I needed him to supervise me in the kitchen later on just in case I accidentally set the kitchen on fire. Before heading for the kitchen which was outside of our room, we prepared all the ingredients for the breakfast. My roommate who was in the middle of something told me to head for the kitchen first and start of without him. He added that he will join me later on. When I reached the kitchen, the first thing I did was heat up the stove and pour the cooking oil on the frying pan. The moment I poured the oil, I accidentally made my first mistake---I over poured the cooking oil.

Shocked and slightly terrified, I cursed at my stupidity and carelessness. I quickly disposed some of the oil by pouring them into the kitchen sink. Although I managed to get rid of most of the oil, it still looked too much. As my roommate arrived, he too was slightly shocked by the sight of the amount of oil on the frying pan. Nevertheless, he said that it would be easier for the both of us when we want to remove the friend eggs from the pan later on. He told me to begin the preparation by frying the eggs first.

Feeling nervous about breaking the eggs seeing that I can hardly crack a nice looking egg on the pan, I asked my roommate to crack the first egg. I carefully watched how he cracked a nice shape of egg on the frying pan. As he wanted to crack the second egg, I told him that I insist on letting me do the cracking. I nervously took the egg and I exactly imitated my roommate's methods of cracking the egg. Surprisingly, I managed to crack a nice one. The egg yolk was still intact with the white membrane. My roommate complimented me for my "skills" and in response, my pride forced me to fold up the sleeves of my left shoulder in order to reveal my Chinese tattoo that translates the word "Specially Trained". We waited patiently for the eggs to fry after cracking another 2 more. When the eggs were ready, the second obstacle for me was to remove the eggs from the frying pan and then placed them onto a plate.

Removing the eggs from the pan was difficult as I had to make sure that my frying ladle does not tear the eggs in the process. Fortunately, after taking a slow and steady pace, I managed to transport the eggs onto a plate in one piece. The next task was to fry the beef patties. We took four frozen beef patties and we placed them into the frying pan. Just like the eggs, we also waited patiently for the patties to fry themselves. While waiting for the patties to be ready, I microwaved the cooked sausages. As everything were done, we grabbed on the dishes we prepared and brought them back to our room in an impatient manner as we couldn't wait any longer to sink our teeth on the delicious breakfast we prepared.

This morning, my roommate and I had a perfect breakfast. While enjoying our breakfast, we complimented each other for our efforts and we chat all the way while listening to the country music playing from my laptop. I'm looking forward to experience such a breakfast again in the future, hopefully with my friends back in Malaysia.

Cracked my eggs nicely and got them fried into perfection. Oooh...that sounded pain and dirty.

Beef patties and chicken sausages. Don't they look like a couple? Ah who cares, they're all going in my belly eventually.

Breakfast is served. Time to feast our teeth on this baby! Hahaha don't you all wish you were with me having these breakfast?

That guy next to me is my roommate (...and my supervisor that morning) , Robin. Poor guy couldn't even smiled properly as he was terrified that he might be the victim of one of my "kitchen accidents". Anyway, that guy's still alive...for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah Shenji! Not bad!

Although the eggs kinda look out of shape. Heehee =D

Lim Shenji said...

Hahaha thanks. The eggs look out of shape? Hmmm...maybe you're right. I notice the yolk are partially white on some eggs. Anyway, I'll try better. I can't wait to make breakfast for you guys though. Hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Whoo. I can't wait for that too! =D Hehe.

Btw, when you coming back? =)

Lim Shenji said...

My "tour of duty" here in Canada ends on the 22th of June. I'll reach Malaysia on the 28th of June.

Anonymous said...

Ooh okay =)