Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My First Quiz for the New Semester

Summer semester began a week ago. After having one week of holiday in Vancouver, it was time to go back for classes. Unlike my previous semester, this semester have been lighter for me. I wouldn't know whether it would be easier for me since it's just the beginning of my summer courses but so far every thing's okay. I hope it stays the like this throughout the whole semester. For the summer semester, I'm only taking Maths (again...sigh) and Sociology. Maths has been fairly okay for me as I've been revising my work daily but Sociology on the other hand, is slightly difficult as there's a lot to read. Nevertheless, Sociology is very interesting unlike the damn Critical Thinking subject I took last semester. Just today and yesterday, I had my first quiz for both of my subjects. Fortunately for me, they weren't too bad.

Yesterday was my first Maths quiz. Maths was surprisingly easy as I could answered all of the given questions. I guess it was because I've been revising my work constantly. Throughout last week, the lessons were understandable. Surprisingly, I could grasp whatever the instructor taught and every lesson seem very familiar. If it wasn't also for my Precalculus subject last semester. I would be staring blankly in total confusion at the the teacher and the white board in class daily. In the quiz that day, there were questions involving inequalities, intervals, symmetry of the graph with respect to the axis and linear functions. Seeing that the quiz was easy, I'm hoping to score high for it.

Today was my Sociology quiz. The quiz revolved around the first chapter and I had to say that it was slightly difficult. Sociology is an interesting subject as I'm brought deeper into the study of social relationships with it major theoretical theories. The subject itself is fairly generous with its interesting syllabuses and topics. On the other hand, when it comes to the reading text for the topics, Sociology can be very ruthless. There's so much to read and I basically spent at least 2 hours reading the first chapter. The quiz today consisted of 20 multiple choice questions and 6 essay questions. Out of the 6 essay questions, I was obligated to choose and answer 2. The multiple choice questions were very easy; in fact I was highly confident that I would be able to score high for it. On the contrary, the essay questions were merciless. Initially, I couldn't figure out which questions to answer. Fortunately after several minutes of calming myself down and fully utilizing my brains, I managed to answer the essay questions. Sociology has been slightly difficult. Despite that, I'm hoping to score well as I really placed a lot of effort studying it.

To sum it up, my first quiz for Sociology and Maths weren't that bad. I'm expecting for both papers to return to me with high marks printed on it seeing that I've invested a lot of time and energy in studying them.

No comments: