Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sometimes It's Best to Just Shut Up

When a person runs his/her mouth spilling everything that is offensive without noticing that there could be people listening to him/her, it can be very devastating...for his/her pride. Moments like these, they just wish they can go back in time to undo the past. Just today, a similar case like this happened to me but what surprises me is that I didn't regretted at all; in fact I found it hilarious.

As my Critical Thinking classes ended, my classmate and I decided to go back to the apartment for some rest before our next class. I had a couple of huge files and textbooks to carry so my hands were fully occupied. Thankfully, the apartment was just a stone's throw from the campus.

As we reached our apartment, we had to swipe our student card on the electronic panel in order to unlock the door so that we can gain access into our quarters. Seeing that my hand was filled with books and files, reaching my pocket to grab my student card was impossible. I asked the receptionist to buzz us in since my hands were full but she refused and insisted that we used our student card. Feeling angered due to her inconsiderate behavior, I told myself what a jerk that pig ( she was a fat girl) was. Initially,I thought about asking my classmate to reach for my card in my pocket but seeing that he was a boy instead of a hot girl, I thought about doing it myself. So I had to lay down all my books and file on the floor just to reach my student card. Upon swiping my card on the electronic panel, my classmate held the door for me while I picked up my books and files. We then took a lift to our own floors.

Since it was just the both of us in the lift, I thought it would be safe to express my dislike about the receptionist. I started off saying, "Eh you know arr...this fxxking Canadian damn cxxai. Ask her to buzz us through in also so lazy". "Yalah!" my classmate replied, " Know we already have a lot of books on our hands still ask us to open the door by ourselves" continued my classmate. " Yalah, this fat cxxw hxi damn fxxking lazy...damn cxxai larr". My classmate then interrupted me, " Eh, you look up there...oh sxxt!". As I look at what he pointed, we were shock to see that there was a security camera on the ceiling recording what we said. We then remembered that the security cameras provide the receptionists audio and visual activities in the lift " What the fxxk?...Oh sxxt!" we shouted before laughing at each other thinking about what we just said earlier on.

As I exited the lift after wishing my classmate goodbye, I walked back to my apartment room giggling at what I did earlier on in the lift. Ever since then, every time when I walk pass the receptionist before exiting the apartment, the big fat girl will be giving me this vicious stare indicating that she's dying to eat me up on the spot. Come to think about it, sometimes its just best to shut up.

2 comments:

Comrade Red said...

Haha..next time you should smile and wave while your doing all the cursing...

Lim Shenji said...

That would be pointless cos the receptionist could still hear what's going on in the lift. I should have cursed all in Chinese as they wouldn't know what I'm talking about.Hahaha.