Monday, April 23, 2007

Kicked in the Balls by Irony

Arrrghh!....getting kicked in the balls by irony...please tell me I still have it...wait...wait...yeah, I still have it.

No, I did not try to talk dirty or touch a girl name Irony which resulted in my ultimate pain a man could ever experience. And yes, I still have my "gun" if you're just curious. So based on the given picture, what caused our poor Shenji to be forced on the ground, struggling in excruciating pain while holding his crotch? As weird as it may sound , it was the doing of irony that caused me to suffer in pain. No damn it! For once more, it's not a girl by the name of Irony, it's irony--a self or general predicted outcome of a given scenario that occur differently or opposite from what was predicted. How can the influence of irony be so...painful? Well, just imagine you're in a position where you have worked so hard day and night to achieve something and at the end of the day, the results was just not what you wanted, in fact it was the least you expected. Yeah...BAM! There goes irony's leg right between your nut sack. As you crumble to the ground in disbelief and pain, you'll start to doubt that hard work pays off.

My final exams started a week ago and today was my Critical Thinking paper. Knowing that the subject was slightly difficult, numerous effort and time were spend on study and revision session few days before the exam. Although, there were much to cover in the subject, nevertheless, I managed to finish studying two days before the exam. In fact I even had the time to browse through the entire text book just in a couple of days. Seeing that I finished studying the subject twice, I was confident that I could do well for the final exam. As it was the day of the exam, I confidently march to the computer hall ( the exams questions were posted on the internet) telling myself that today was going to be my day.

10 minutes before the exam, I found myself a computer and started logging into the exam program. Since patience was not really one of my virtues, I was eager to get over with the exam and take the rest of the day off. The moment the instructor said we could begin the exam, I excitedly answered the first question.

Questions by questions I answered them with utmost confidence and caution. Some of them were really tricky, therefore I told myself it would be a big mistake not to go through those questions later on. The moment I finished answering all the questions, I decided to go through the entire exam one by one to make sure that I did not make any silly mistakes. Fortunately, I was careful enough to spot a couple of mistakes that could mean a big difference in my final grade. After I finished checking all of the questions, it was time to click the "submit" button.

I dragged the cursor to the "submit" button and I took a deep breath. This is it; the moment of truth. As I clicked the button to submit my results, a new window popped up onto the screen of my computer. In the window, there was a link that allowed me to view my results. Feeling nervous and worried, I clicked on the link after taking in another deep breath. The minute the window completely loaded up, my results were on the screen. At that point I felt a strong invisible force that rushed something hard up between my legs. Irony just kicked me right in my balls

67.2%!? What the fxxk, do you mean 67.2%? After all the studying and revision I did, the damn computer gave me 67.2%. I felt completely disappointed and devastated. Instead of scoring an A, I scored a C+. Ain't that a bitch? Not only was I disappointed but I was also angered and frustrated with the ironic outcome. Fate has not only discriminate me but also made me felt like a fool and failure considering all the effort and time spent on getting an A for my Critical Thinking subject.

That's how it feels when irony kick you right between the nut sack. Ever since then, I experienced massive devastation in my self esteem and I felt like a completely big loser. All those effort and time spent to improve myself...just went down the drain. Damn...

2 comments:

Comrade Red said...

Looks like you didn't think very critically...

Anonymous said...

LOL talk about being nice, James!!

Heh. Don't worry bout it la Shenji =) There's always next time =)