Sunday, July 6, 2008

Shenji"ism"

Shenjiism-Understanding issues and concepts through the beliefs of Shenji

An old classmate of mine from Malaysia bumped into me online. After trading greetings with him, he shared his new hobby with me; creating your own motivation posters. Initially I wasn't so hyped about it as I know I could never think about any motivational words, not to mention thinking how hard it could be to produce and edit my own poster given the fact that I'm almost computer illiterate. However after taking a look at his collection of posters that he came up with, I realized that it was not necessary to come up with motivational posters as most of his were full of jokes and sarcasm. So I thought maybe this was a great way of shaping some of my Shenji"ism"s in an interesting way. I asked my classmate to help me developed one of my ideas and he did it in no time. Amazed with how fast he came up with my poster, I asked him how did he do it. He then gave me this website where you can create your own motivational posters in just a few simple steps. It was indeed fun and I wasn't surprised why my classmate could take this up as his new hobby. He told me that it was really satisfying to come up with your own punchline and I couldn't really agree more with him as it features your originality and how brilliant you are. Thanks to him, I found myself a new hobby and I know how to express my ideas and thoughts in an interesting way. Here are some of the few posters of Shenji"ism" I came up with:

The very 1st poster I created. I used a random North Korean propaganda poster to exemplify my point as I thought the Soviet and Nazi Germany ones were overrepresented .

For my strong beliefs in a Totalitarian regime, I used Norsefire England from the movie V for Vendetta as an example since I find it to be one of the most appealing fictitious police state given its stylish presentation.

A simple image to represent what I wanted to point out. This is what I believe a government should be.

If there are no citizens, who are there to govern? I picked up an artistic representation of the citizens from Google image. This is what I believe the citizens of a nation should do.

Inspired by one of the authoritative land marks in Sim City Societies, I thought about posting the state amphitheater. It is basically a theater which plays videos that remind the people to be loyal to the government and how evil or ruthless the enemy is. For this one, I used George Orwell's 1984 to exemplify the state amphitheater.

This was a bit humorous but I wouldn't mind doing if I happen to be a high chancellor of a police state. If I'm not mistaken, this Lego set was based on the movie 1984; I thought it was a cute way of representing totalitarian.

Also inspired by one of the authoritative actions in Sim City Societies, I thought it was something worth sharing. I added a little humor in my punchline to make sure nobody throws rotten eggs and tomatoes at me at the end of this post.

Another authoritative landmark inspired by Sim City Societies. This is a must for every police state to prevent the people from thinking differently

Why let the people vote? They don't know what is good for them

My views regarding National Service and I totally support it. It was slightly inspired by one of Metal Gear Solid 4's theme that discussed about the gargantuan size of private military corporations in the near future which is starting to remove the boundaries between civilians and soldiers.

My strong views regarding women.

No comments: