Thursday, June 28, 2007

Back Home

My flight to Malaysia was on the 27th of July. Before reaching Malaysia, I had to stop over at Hong Kong. The flight to Hong Kong was a dreadful 13 hours. 13 hours sitting still in the plane would definitely kill me but fortunately,I slept most of the time during the flight seeing that I stood up all night on the previous day. The moment I woke up, the estimated time of arrival to Hong Kong was 3 more hours. Geez, I didn't know I could sleep that long in a plane (10 hours of sleep). Usually I find it very difficult to sleep in a plane unless I've got a cute girl's shoulder next to me to rest my head. So, I guess I must be pretty dead tired back then. My connecting flight to Hong Kong was 3 hours. Feeling very eager to go back and impatient, I thought about occupying myself with something to kill my impatience. Fortunately, I had my Idiot's World Conflict book with me. As the time P.A. on the airport announcwed it was time to leave for Malaysia, I immediately got my stuff ready and headed for my flight gate. The moment I stepped into the plane, I knew I was hours away from home. The flight from Hong Kong to Malaysia was also 3 hours. Despite that it was better than the Canada-Hong Kong flight (in terms of time travel), I still thought that 3 hours was too much to handle. Fortunately the intresting inflight movies kept me occupied. I watched Letters From Iwwo Jima throughout my flight. By the time the movie ended, the pilot announced that we will be reaching KL in another 10 minutes time. Hahaha, talk about good timing. The moment I reached KLIA, I felt a big difference in terms of the weather. The weakther back here was hot and humid. For a second, I experienced a slight difficulty in breathing. After going through the customs and picking my bags up, my mum greeted me at the arrival gate. I wasn't sure whether she was happy to see me but I couldn't be bothered less. All I wanted that time was too see my friends. Basically, that was my main reason for coming back. My mum was slightly shock to see how much I changed and throught out my journey back home from the airport, my parents were constantly asking me stuff about Canada. I only replied to their question barely a sentence not really concerntrating as all I could ever thought of that time was my friends. I thought about how would they react to see how much I chnaged, whether some of them would spend time with me or not and the list goes on. After an hour drive from the aiport, I was finally home. As I stepped into my home, I realised that the air was stuffy which then started to irritate me. Everything around me at home was smaller than before. Even my bed in my bedroom was smaller than usual. Either I grew fat or it was something else. After taking a nice cold ice shower, I unpacked my stuff. A framed picture of me and my Strike Team on my study table got my attention. As I was looking at the picture of us in Malacca hanging out and having a great time together, I almost broke out in tears as I missed those good old days. I then wondered about them...whether were they back in Malaysia or were they all busy with their work. After putting away the picture, I turned my laptop on and listened to some songs. Later on, I remembered about my Muay Thai training. Yes! Something fun (but extremely tiring) to do for the entire day. I told my parents that I would be attending today's Muay Thai class but like usual they objected seeing that they thought I should rest. Despite their objection, I still insisted on going for classes. At that day's class, I was greeted and welcomed by a Malay classmate who missed me a lot. We talked a lot as there was a lot to catch up with. Later on class started and it was time for some good old Muay Thai training. The instructor for the day was a Chinese guy who's a fresh instructor. Lessons weren't that intresting with him around but fortunately for me, my favourite kru, Jak Othman joined in later on. He was happy to see me and I guess he missed me a lot as I saw the joy on his face the moment he saw me. It really felt good to know that there are a lot of people who are happy to see me again.

No comments: